Monday, February 22, 2010

Running in Milton, PA


This past weekend I went to visit my girlfriend, Jenny. She lives in Milton, PA, just over the Susquehanna River from Lewisburg, PA. A girlie weekend away was just the little break that I needed. Lots of scrapbooking, watching some good Olympic competition and eating some of Jenny's Broccoli Cheese Soup...mmmm. Jenny had suggested that I bring my running gear with me, and if I wanted to, we could run together. She is training for a 5K with her brother and sister-in-law the weekend after my half marathon. She says, "I'll run with you, but I probably won't be able to keep up." Well, she did fantastic! We ran 3.86 miles in 56 minutes. It was a nice (balmy) 42 degrees and sunny outside, the warmest run that I've had so far! Although the hills along Milton streets can be a bit intimidating, I felt that I had a strong workout for not being out running for almost a month! Uggg...the intimidation factor of running 13.1 miles in a little over 9 weeks and losing 4 weeks to snow and a respiratory infection makes me think that I've got my work cut out for me. If all goes well and the mixed precipitation doesn't shut us out, Jason and I are running again tomorrow. Gotta get in the miles!


1 comment:

  1. Don't forgot the part where my parents drove by and cheered us on!!! And the anonymous men who drove by and honked at us (Don't worry, I won't tell your husband) :)

    ReplyDelete