Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back into the game

I guess it's that time of year...one minute you are healthy, the next you are sick as a dog. Right now I'm working on the sick as a dog part. For just less than a week, I've had an upper respiratory infection from hell. Nose, throat and lungs all taking a toll. Needless to say, no running, or working out, for that matter. I got back onto the elliptical tonight for the first time since running last Saturday. (Yikes!) It felt good, and I'm surprised to say that while on the elliptical, I had no problems breathing. What the warning label should tell a sick person is that you will pay for it later with coughing, continuously running nose and a sore throat. Along with 35 minutes on the elliptical, I did several triceps exercises, several upper leg and calf exercises, and the plie and gran plie exercises recommended by Jenny a couple of weeks ago. I am happy to say that even with all of this, I've lost 3 lbs and 1/2 an inch since January 1st. I really had hoped for more, but I haven't been as serious as I should be about what I've been eating. That will be top priority on the list for February. Jason and I put a workout schedule together to follow for the next month, if that works, we'll modify it for next month and so on throughout this "season of training." As it snows outside tonight, I'm dreaming of warmer weather that will be nicer to my lungs and make me want to go outside more!

1 comment:

  1. Just think...running in 50 degrees or better will feel like Heaven :D Soon enough! And...all that coughing is just making your pulmonary system that much stronger! Keep up the good work chickie!!!

    ReplyDelete