Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cold and Damp

Another day of running lost to crappy weather on the Eastern seaboard. It's been spitting rain all day, and it's that cold, rawness that you get as spring sneaks in ever so closer...yet not close enough to give you a nice running day! Instead of running outside, I settled for another evening of elliptical training while watching some of the women's short program, ski cross, the end of Canada vs. Switzerland Mens Ice Hockey and the nordic ski competition. I also tried out a 15 minute total body "lifting" workout published in Self this month. There are 6-7 different exercises that you do, holding positions for these exercises in 10 second increments, then lowering further down into the position, until you hit 50 seconds, then you return to the start position in 10 second increments, until you hit a total of 90 seconds. I thought that it would be easier than it was. The muscles that I worked during each exercise were twitching by the end of the 90 seconds. (And I wasn't able to hold the push up for the whole 90 seconds...it was holding the position at the bottom that got me!!) I may not be running outside, but I'm working on doing my best at working out and strengthening indoors to hopefully curb some injuries and build up my stamina. We'll see if it works. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment